Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mastectomy Dressing




Well I'm always googling:  SEXY MASTECTOMY ___________ -could be bras, shirts, dresses and so on.  All we are looking for is SEXY options- I mean why is it so hard to just put a pocket in it.  Well I have found some pretty great sites and one of them being

Pinxwear- started by a survivor it has some very important items for us survivors.

I have going through a good amount of hot flashes lately and at times I just want to rip my clothes off.  At night it is really hard as you are sometimes dripping.  Well over at Pinx she has light weight natural fabrics - yeah!  The above cami has pockets and is very comfy.  The nightgown below is super light and 100% cotton. 



And a shirt with a pocket- MEANING I don't have to wear my bra all the time!
I never had a problem with wearing a bra, but now that I have a weight issue and my arm with no lymph nodes a bra can be irritating.  I swell up under my arm area towards my back.  This is where surgery took a toll on my body.  I had two operations there; that had me with drains 2x- YUK.  It swells back there and swelling is something I avoid at all cost as to not have a problem with lymphedema.  :)
SO THIS SHIRT
AWESOME!     

 OK-another thing that saves me a lot- my good old FLUFF.  The little fabric boob insert they gave me right after my surgery.  So soft and comfy....for times when I just don't want the Hard Insert.  I also love the soft one during workouts- although most times I don't wear anything.
At Pinx they have this little foam guy which might me nice to have- you can probably buy a stick-on nipple and maybe even have matching nipple action under your shirt.  :) 
 At Pinx she even has a couple of other cute things - like there travel bags:
 And they even carry a care package for a friend that might just be starting her journey

There is also a BLOG


Cheers Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment