Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here we go



Well after much thought - I have decided to start a second blog all about - How to live with a foob.

What is a foob?

Foob- a constructed boob also know as a fake boob.  This is no "implant job"  although we do have an implant nothing else is of boob material......cleavage?-constructed, nipple? -cconstructed.  I myself do not have nipple, but it is an option.   

I never thought I would spend the second half of my life without one of my breasts.........then at 40 I never thought I would see 41.  BUT after finding my breast cancer and learning that I would survive hopefully a LONG time; it started to sink in that I would be living my life a bit different than before.  There are some difficulties that arise with self image, weight, anxiety/depressing and most of all dressing.  Well I guess dressing isn't the most troublesome thing, BUT it sure does mean a lot to a girl that LOVES to dress.

I hope to get all my cancer info on this site and then keep up any new and exciting things I find for us girls that survived our cancer and now want to look and feel good.

I will also be incorporating my faith, because it was HUGE in my dealings with cancer.

What do you need to fight cancer?
Faith in God
Family
Friends
Pets
Plants
Good Food
Water
Exercise
Music
Determination
Experts    
and yes clothes!

I love clothes and dressing!

Whether you are in treatment or just out it's hard sometimes adjusting to your new looks.  Maybe you are heavier (me), no hair, too much facial hair, hot flashes, pain, too skinny, scattered brain sometimes a little fashioning helps.    

Over at AsianICandy you can find some really unique things to cheer yourself up an carry on.  And if you are a friend or family member of someone consider some fun things that make her feel special.

Backpacks/ Big Purses were a must during treatment and after.


During treatment you may have to pack a lunch and water and definitely reading material and an ipod or other techie stuff so a big purse helps.


Once I was done with treatment my legs were super soar and I STILL wanted to wear heals SO I made sure to have a big enough purse to carry a pair of flats!  



Comfy shoes in a flashy color make you feel good and if you are in treatment it's good to have an identity so be noticed for who you are.  I believe people in any business get into a routine and sometimes all clients/patiences all start to be the same SO stand out and make friends it pays in the long run. 
Love these boots


When your weight is up and down and you have no hair or maybe you're sporting a buzz cut
accessories are good because unlike clothes the sizes pretty much stay the same! 



How about these earrings on those days you're thinking f-cancer? 
Maybe on treatment day?


Aren't these these shoes super girly and cute?
Great for when you're feeling like you look more like a dude than a chick.


This blog will be very casual and fun..................I sort of type the way I talk if you haven't gotten that already.

the small print
My cancer stats:
My cancer was Estrogen Positive- 1 main tumor with a baby - i had 1 lymph node with micro cancer cells so i had all nodes removed.  i have a reconstructed breast with a gummybear implant.  i use a prosthesis (a fluff and a "real one").  no nipple.  i also wear a sleeve (at times) on my affected arm to help keep lymphedema away.  i am on tamoxifen and i receive blood tests to help monitor my cancer.  i have a prognosis for cure of 90% due to me getting chemo- AC-T blend, radiation to my foob, and taking my tamoxifen.  my cancer was stage 2B.  no real family history or other risk factors- AND i did breast feed my baby boy so I'm SO THANKFUL to my breasts for that~NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN THEY HAVE CAUSED ME.        

What I'm trying to do to stay alive and healthy:
PRAY and have faith
Eat Good Food
Exercise
VENT- BE REAL- MEDITATE- HOLD NOTHING INSIDE- super hard to do for me.
LOVE and have FUN
take my pills 
and stay away from bad stuff


enjoy this day it's all yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment