Monday, August 15, 2011

hair

when the hair comes in YES we are so HAPPY and may even vow to never cut it again- but the truth is our hair has suffered from chemo as well as the other parts and it will take a bit to come back to what it is and sometimes it never will.


so as happy as i was to have hair i did get regular cuts to make sure i always had STYLE because otherwise i felt like i looked older than i was...


so my 1st hair cut was by a woman who works with a lot of curly hair and it was great because i never had curls before.....
it ended up being short on the bottom and longer on top.


i always had haircut goals and i was always looking to the next style i would shoot for


my 1st item to always have was a mini straightener- because i do like my hair straight and a mini works great
a good strong gel and a softer one- maybe a pomade
a great shampoo and conditioner
and a hot iron protectant spray


1st my favorite survivor i looked to for hair inspiration is Kylie Minogue
she sported her chemo curls like a champ~ i love the blonde     











~Now here are my hair inspirations I went through~ 

So my 1st haircut went something like this: 


Here's me:





 I liked to straighten it get it looking like this as it grew in......

This is the first picture I took into my stylist
My hair was still too short but we keep cutting the bottom and only trimming the top
I would straighten my top or wear it curly 
This is also when I started coloring/hi lighting my hair 
Getting my color done made me feel SO GOOD!



Here's me:



As it comes in it's still wavy on the ends, but the top was getting back to straight 


Here's me:




Next Haircut picture I took into my stylist
Still cutting off the bottom and leaving the top as to get a bob type........I know it seems nutz to keep cutting your hair actually appears longer when you are going towards the bob cut if you keep the bottom short and straight across.  




I'm playing around with this:

See the bob I have is shorter...but as you can see on Kylie's picture below the ends curl up and sometimes it better to go with the flow.

sometimes the curls/waves are nice too!

So now I'm shooting for this and from here it's just long and pretty.....this is lightly layered and would a good hair style to keep for a while because: 
The only was to get rid of the curls is to cut them out or straighten them- a little bit of layer like in this picture will allow you to do trims on the top so that you can get rid of them if you want

Right now I'm a also trying to play around with curling my hair for certain occasions


tomorrow i have to post about the most awesome sports bra
i'm in love 

No comments:

Post a Comment