Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Well a couple of dates came and went


Sept 24th- the day the doc found my tumor
Sept 29th- my 1st mamo and when the word cancer was used to describe what it showed
These 2 happened in 09

Sept 28th -2010- my Survival Inspiration passed on to heaven- Sweet Betty

And on Oct 6th this 2011 it will be my 2 year mark!  Yeah

I'm still scared at times, but it's gotten better.  One thing that still scares me is doing any walks that are for just breast cancer....they still scare me.  I wish I wasn't like that, but I am.  I was wondering what would Betty tell me and then the other day I get an email from Betty's daughter!  I told her what I thought Betty would say and she said I pretty much nailed it.  Betty would probably say, "You need to go on with your life, and if you don't want to do it don't."  Then she would probably add in "Maybe next year you'll want to go and you can go with your husband, son or a friend".  What good advice.  I really do want to do my part to raise money to help really cure this horrible cancer.  After realizing that there are women out there being tested for the gene (that can carry breast/ovarian cancer) and knowing they have daughters- IT HIT me!  Daughters, Baby Girls they need us.  I don't have a daughter, but I do have a niece and many friends with beautiful daughters and cousins and so on.  I'm going to try and put together a team for the Susan G Koman 2012.  I really was unsure, but how can I not help.  It's the woman who went before me who took the experimental drugs, walked the walks, shared their stories, that today save my life- I need to give back.  I really don't want any girl to go through what I went through.    

I am SO going to celebrate my October 6th because I earned every minute of those 2 years.  The pain that we sometimes carry everyday is horrible.  We fight this disease all time in our heads - it doesn't matter where we are who we are with it can creep in at any time.  My life has forever been changed by this disgusting disease.

October a month I loved for Halloween is very different for me now.  I had my mastectomy a couple days before Halloween- I took dressing up to a whole new level. lol.   October in general was just a hard month that 2009.  I find out AND it's Breast Cancer Awareness- way to shove it right down my throat.

The best way we thrive from it is the support of other women who battled ahead of us, for they truly know the suffering that goes on.  And the newly diagnosed knows exactly what the survivor went through; we cling to each other like sisters and move on.

God Bless my SUPER SPECIAL GIRLS:
Carol
Missy
Vicki
Barbara
Betty
   Liz   

Each one carried a piece of the puzzle that is making my Survival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment