Sunday, October 30, 2011

October is ending..........



I have a love/hate with October- it was when I was diagnosised which is good, but all the breast talk sometimes hurts.  Some days I just wanna run away and in October it's EVERYWHERE.
All in all it's a good thing- because women have got to be made aware!
I really hope every girl out there gets the info to get them self fitted for their insert.  Even if you are reconstructed you may need an insert.

One of the best days of my life was getting my insert.  I was just stuffing my bra with my "fluff".  When I put that bra on for the first time with my insert in it and could see that it looked like I had breast, I wanted to cry.  I was SO happy I could almost imagine that I was whole again.  Believe me I know it sounds weird saying "whole again", I mean physically whole.  It's not SO important, but I will always be a girl and my breasts will always be special to me.

On that 1st visit I had to Klemmnt Orthopaedic (607-770-4400),  Shiela had given me my 1st amoena pin- it was designed by a fellow survivor.  Every year they make a pin created by a survivor.  I stopped in to say HI to Shiela last week.  She came up front with a huge smile and we hugged and she grabbed my arm and she said, "It's Breast Cancer Awareness and I have something for you".  Well I got my 2nd pin.  It was so nice to see her and it got me to thinking that I'm probably coming up on getting a couple new bras.  I have very good insurance and they allow me so many bras a year and an insert about every 2 years.  You really need to get to an expert because they can help you with all that and even check on what your insurance company offers.  SO what I'm getting at is that if you do your fittings in October there is a good chance you will get your pin too.
I love Shiela for all the help - I had no idea of such a service.  She really did help me get whole again.

On another note I found a great organization-
Check out this mission statement:
Our vision is to change the way we as a society view health and wellness. We strive to promote healing by empowering survivors to become “THRIVERS”.  We lead by example and teach the world that adopting a healthy lifestyle  benefits those effected by cancer and  prevents the disease process that leads to the formation of breast cancer. We provide nutritional counseling, weight management, exercise training, meditation, guided imagery, Reiki, massage, reflexology, acupuncture and other holistic therapies  that are  essential to overall wellness.
  love it!- go to the website HERE

Oh and it's getting cold out foobers and hats hats hats...........LOVE HATS!  I don't know what I would have done during chemo without hats!!!!!!

I like the movie Salt and I really think if I was wearing wigs again I may have to try some of Angelina Jolie's hat looks from the movie:

I LOVE this one


How about this?


Then there is this one where NO hair needed
She's just too darn pretty

I thought some of these hats were nice


Northface
35.00
Zappos

 Neff
20.00
Zappos
Goorin Brothers
35.00
Zappos




  

No comments:

Post a Comment